Potato SkilletJan 19, 2023
Potatoes are the ultimate IBS-friendly food. They are a prebiotic and improve the gut barrier wall and microbiome.
Potato Skillet Recipe:
- 1/2 cup diced scallions
- 3 cups diced potato
- 1 tbsp FODY taco seasoning (or blend of paprika, cayenne pepper, and oregano)
- 1 cup diced orange bell peppers
- 1/2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- Add the scallions and potato to a medium-sized non-stick ceramic pan. Cook for 3 minutes, until the scallions are translucent, adding a bit of water if needed to prevent sticking.
- Add in the spices and stir until evenly mixed.
- Pour 1/3 cup water into the pan and place on the lid. Lower the heat to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes, until the potatoes are almost tender, stirring them every few minutes to prevent sticking.
- Add the bell pepper and lime juice to the pan. Cook for 5-10 minutes, until the potatoes and vegetables are all tender. Serve with fresh cilantro.
Get the 5 things I've been eating, cooking, loving and reading.
Every Friday, I send out an exclusive email with the five coolest things I’ve found (or explored) in the nutrition world that week.
When you sign up, you receive a free IBS friendly grocery list.