Oatmeal Raisin CookiesJan 19, 2023
Oatmeal is an excellent source of prebiotic fiber. Raisins aid digestion, boost iron levels and keep your bones strong.
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Recipe:
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 6 tbsp water
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Mix the ground flax seeds and water. Leave to soak for 15 minutes.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the oats, oat flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Mix until uniform. In another bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla and flax mixture. Add to the dry ingredients and stir until you get a uniform batter. Stir in the raisins.
- Using a large cookie scoop, scoop the mixture and drop onto the parchment paper. Flatten into round disks using a fork. Place in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, until slightly browned. Remove from the oven and cool.
Makes 20 cookies
Get the 5 things I've been eating, cooking, loving and reading.
Every Friday, I send out an exclusive email with the five coolest things I’ve found (or explored) in the nutrition world that week.
When you sign up, you receive a free IBS friendly grocery list.